Securing a private commission from an established artist is a tradition that dates back to the Roman Empire. In modern times, it is one of the best ways to receive a unique artefact from an artist you admire that stands the test of time. In the world of art collecting, it is one of the only ways to experience a taste of the creative process with the artist. Whether motivated by a milestone, memory, decorative decor need, private investment purpose or corporate collection, private commissions can prove to be a meaningful and rewarding solution.
(comment by Artist)
“Working on commissioned paintings is very gratifying when you send them the finished work, and they are delighted and grateful that you managed to accomplish what they asked for.” -Amber
Making a work of art for yourself is solo act; producing a work of art on commission for someone else is a relationship– a partnership between you and Design by Authority. The goal is to make certain you are completely satisfied with the final artwork. With this in mind, Design by Authority developed, with the input of well-known artists, curators and patrons from a broad spectrum of disciplines, a proven step-by-step commission process.
COMMISSION DESIGN PROCESS
1) The first step in the process is for you to complete and submit the Intake Form.
2) Upon receipt of your Intake Form, we will schedule a video or conference call to review the completed form with you.
3) A base price is set and presented for your approval. At that time, the 50% non-refundable deposit shall be paid using any major credit card, and the agreement is signed by you.
4) Your commission completion date is placed on the calendar.
5) Within a short amount of time, you will receive a conceptual rendering digitally for your review.
6) Feedback Milestone 1: You will give Design by Authority feedback on the conceptual rendering. This may be done by video or conference call.
7) Feedback in incorporated into the master design, and the artwork progresses.
8) The artwork is taken to completion, and the final image is sent digitally to you.
9) Framing consultation is the next step.
10) The completed artwork is shipped or delivered to you to enjoy!
JUST COMPLETE AND SUBMIT YOUR INTAKE FORM.
DISCOVER THE THRILL OF COMMISSIONING YOUR ART TODAY!